Monday, July 19, 2010

The Tigasin Post

Woke up last Sunday to find out that the cable was down, so was our internet connection. Mabuhay!

Thankfully, Ping called and invited me watch the Ateneo-UST game at Ultra. So after breakfast, I took a bath and once again wore an Ateneo shirt. (Yehes school spirit!)

You see, I am not really a fan of sports (Obvious ba?) But I watch games every so often to reconnect with my masculinity. Chuice. FIFA season is over (Read related post here) but UAAP is on!

Cheerdance talaga ang pinost?

I had my fair share of the UAAP Basketball experience back in college. I watched quite a number of games including the championship rounds and I even "camped out" overnight just to get hold of tickets to an Ateneo-Lasalle match. I even remember almost getting stuck in the Araneta Ticket Selling booth while typhoon Milenyo was lashing Metro Manila! (what is persistent)

Ok enough daldal. So before heading to the venue we passed by EDSA Shang to pick up the tickets. For some weird reason people were literally flowing into the hotel. I secretly wished that I'd see someone sikat. And yes, the probinsyano genie heard me. Lo and behold!

WEW. Paolo Contis. Strarstruck me. Seriously.

Oh well, we got our tickets after patiently waiting for them to be released by the concierge. Wohoo! Patron tickets!!! Many thanks to Bene Laguesma!

Got to Ultra and settled in our seats. Lets go watch the game!

Hanlapit!

Back in college I never got past Upper B. And now, I am here. Na feel ko ang asenso. Chuice. hahaha In all fairness people there were less rowdy. They only began cheering and standing up towards the 4th Quarter. Cultured?

This is such a useless shot

I will not pretend to be a pro in analyzing the game so sa madaling salita, Ateneo won 68-56. Yahoo! Props to Justin Chua for doing a great job with 17 points, 11 rebounds and four blocks. (Ok I got that from Inquirer news)

After the game, we decided to stay a little while for the LaSalle-UE. Ping stayed for the game, I stayed for the eye candy.

Tama. Si Iza Calzado ang tinutukoy ko. HEH!

Anyway, looking around I saw something really funny. After winning another game, there he was, Coach Norman Black seated two rows behind us... eating a burger. Tamang fan lang?

Let's play Where's Waldo

Next week its Ateneo vs LaSalle! I want to watch but God knows where I can get tickets. I guess I'll just catch it on TV. Unless someone gives me another free pass. *wink

Go Ateneo! One Big Fight!

2 comments:

  1. Aba, nice move by Coach Norman Black. Really getting to know the opponent. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent article. Keep posting such kind of info on your site.
    Im really impressed by it.
    Hello there, You have done a fantastic job. I will certainly digg it and
    individually suggest to my friends. I'm confident they'll be benefited from this website.


    Here is my webpage; free card servers cccam

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails