Thursday, June 17, 2010

How do you say Happy Birthday in Spanish?

Last Tuesday we braved the intense rain and insane traffic to celebrate my friend, Margie's birthday at Sancho in Maginhawa St.
So there's a place called Churreria

Sancho serves decent Spanish cuisine at a very affordable price. I took the liberty of taking pictures. They don't look appetizing here but each dish was flavorful and interesting.

For starters we had eclairs, cream puff and churros con chocolate HAHA

Mag-dessert ka nga for starters!!!

Then came the bagyo of Spanish staples


Seafood something. I honestly forgot the name

The Beef stew was so-so

The sausage platter was one of the best. Hungarian, Schublig and something else

Of course, a Spanish feast won't be complete without the Paella Valenciana

Not in the pictures were the beef salpicao, callos and the lengua estofado which was so tender and flavorful. For dessert, we had jelly candies

I swear these colorful creatures are addicting. Parang jellyace na matigas.

Overall, I think Sancho's food was 7.5-8.0. Not bad huh? Well, we were all so busog after. Thanks to the birthday girl, Margie!

ganda ka?

Here's the tribute YOU requested HAHA

I met Margie in 2007 during the COA Formsem. On the way to Baguio she was in front of me in the bus. We got to know each other because we both couldn't recline our seats. HAHA. At first I thought she was a serious, no non-sense person. But my 3 year (and counting) friendship with her has proven me wrong.

Margie is full of contradictions. She can be the most most serious during meetings and while studying but she could be the best joke ever (as in siya talaga ang joke CHOZ). She could be most opinionated and eloquent but she could be the slowest and the most childish as well. She could be the bitchiest, sarcastic person but she could be the sweetest and caring too.

Like I said in her birthday greeting, life could have been less fun without her. I'm glad that although she made a press release about cutting ties after our COA Stint, she still chose to spend her special day with us. Happy birthday Margie Lim!


*Sancho Churreria Manila is located in 122 Maginhawa St., Sikatuna Village, Quezon City.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails